Saturday, April 22, 2006

Monday Night Panel Discussion on Year-Round Proposal

At the Monday night, April 24th meeting of the District 3 [Wake County School] Board Advisory Council I will “face off” with Commissioner Phil Jeffreys on the subject of mandatory year-round schools. This will take place at Northridge Elementary School at 5:30 PM. Commissioner Jeffreys remains unwavering in his insistence that total year-round conversion is the only solution to Wake County’s growth problem. If you can possibly spare the time, I could definitely use as much support as possible. I would also appreciate any thoughts and prayers for clarity of thought, and calm nerves! A large crowd is expected, along with media representation, so I hope I can adequately represent those of you who oppose the current mandatory year-round school proposal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home