Monday, February 19, 2007

Update on Last Posting

Sorry that I'm just now getting back to last Thursday's discussion forum with Rep. Ty Harrell, Susan Parry, Lindy Brown, and Chuck Dulaney. The most eye-opening revelation to me was in response to a question I posed separately to Mr. Dulaney prior to the meeting and to Susan Parry during the discussion period. In a nutshell, I asked them what the response would be if someone was able to find the needed seats for 2007-08, without creating major disruptions or taking drastic measures (I personally still believe it can be done). Their answer? Basically, thanks but no thanks - we're looking beyond 07-08.

Just another example of how people have been falsely led to believe that if they can come up with a viable option, the Board would consider it. We also heard the same talk about poll results, wanting to do what is best educationally for the children (that one really gets me fired up!), no support for additional monies to build schools, etc., etc.

There is more to the MYR agenda than meets the eye, that's for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home