Wednesday, September 17, 2008

CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC

Do we dare start applauding? At yesterday's Wake County School Board meeting, it seems that members decided to at least consider the possibility of converting a few mandatory year-round schools back to traditional, and to revisit the plan to open all new schools as MYR. This comes after actual enrollment figures have been way off base - much lower - than projected. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm going to speak out strongly in support of these changes. I hope you will do the same!! Check out the media links below for more details.

My favorite quote is from Lori Millberg: " 'Our planning has assumed that every new school would be year-round, which means an increasingly large percentage of Wake Schools would be year-round. And we're not sure that's what families want,' School Board member Lori Millberg said." (emphasis added by me).

 

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6395265

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1221657.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home