Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What to Say.........

Well, here it is, the morning after the election. I'm sure I'm not the only one who had a sleepless night,  listening to, and coming to grips with, the election results. To be perfectly honest, I don't know exactly what to say right now. Like everyone else, I need some time today to reflect on things, and to pray about the next course of action. Of course, it's a given that I'll continue to speak out against the forcing of year-round school attendance, even if it won't change immediate plans. My heart just breaks for those who will face conversion, and I am so, so sorry.

I'm planning to post a "What Does It All Mean?" letter on my blog sometime today. Hopefully, that will shed some light on what will happen now. It's tempting (even for me) to just throw in the towel and give up,  but that would be a grave mistake. If we weaken our resolve to oppose MYR schools, it would only serve to open wide the door for School Board members and others to exercise "free rein" in implementing all sorts of questionable plans.

With time,  disappointment and disbelief will give way to renewed determination. In the meantime, rest assured that efforts to minimize the forcing of year-round school attendance have not been in vain. You have made, and will continue to make,  a difference. That much I know.

Louise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home