Saturday, November 01, 2008

If You Haven't Voted Yet...

Although millions have already cast their ballot early, I personally like to wait until Election Day to vote. In case you're interested, WakeCARES has listed their endorsements for certain candidates, and has posted extensive and thought-provoking candidate replies to a survey they sent out with education-related questions. Well worth checking out, in my opinion...As for me? Well, sometimes I prefer not to disclose who I'm voting for until after I actually vote. This year, however, with local election results every bit as crucial as national ones, I'll share just a few.

 

Bill Daughtridge for Treasurer

John Miller for Judge

Neal Hunt for Senator

Kenn Gardner for County Commissioner

Vernita Peyton for County Commissioner

Nelson Dollar, Marilyn Avila, Paul Stam for NC House of Representatives

 

There are others, of course, but these are some that came right to mind. Whichever side you support, just make sure that you do take advantage of our precious right to vote here in America. There have been plenty of times in the past when Wake County races were won by very narrow margins - times when every single vote made a difference. Get to the polls on November 4th, and you can have a role in shaping the future of our great state and county!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home